Saturday, August 6, 2011

Module 12

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
  • Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least…
  • If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?


I learned many interesting and informative things through this journey, and some of the things I learned, I will definitely be using in the future. My favorite discovery during the journey was definitely the RSS feeds. I had no idea what the RSS meant on the websites and things that I have been using for years. I signed up for a few feeds to go to my emails, and some others that I will keep up with through Google. I also enjoyed setting up an account through Delicious. I knew about it before, but I always thought it was easier to use the favorites menu on the computer. Unfortunately, the new Internet Explorer makes using favorites extremely difficult, and I like the idea of being able to use a Delicious account for finding my storytime songs and ideas websites more easily. This program has definitely affected my lifetime learning goals. I learned a lot about tools that can help me be a more effective children's librarian, and I can even try using some of the Web 2.0 tools in the future. Many of the tools we learned about surprised me in their usefulness for both the library and for my things at home. One of my hobbies is photography, and it was great to learn about the different upload sites for photographs, and I also loved learning about the different collections that had been put on Flickr through the different museums around the world. I will definitely be checking that out in the future. I really enjoyed the format for this program, so I don't have suggestions for changes, and I definitely would chose to participate in a program like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment