Monday, August 22, 2011

Beyond Method 9

First, I have to say I loved the "Questions from the Heart" video and the "I'm Sorry" video. I teared up when watching both of these videos. It is amazing how powerful a video that lasts just a few minutes can be. There are times that I would love to sit down with all of my grandmother and her sisters and brothers and interview them about their lives ( I don't think they would like it, but I might make them anyway). I think it is important that people know their family's, library's, town's history. I think these video capturing programs are a great way of doing that. I think it would be great for our library to have people create little videos about why they like the library, why they love Texas City, or maybe some of their favorite memories about either. It would also be a great way of getting eye-witness testimony to all of the big events of the area. The down side to this, of course, is how to keep these videos in the long run. Even if all of the videos are kept in digital format, how long will it be until technology would become too advanced to update them?

In your blog post, discuss which method you decided to try and which tools you used. Did the story telling process go smoothly? Why or why not?

I decided to make a little scrapbook video using Smilebox.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This scrapbook created with Smilebox

My family had an impromptu family reunion this summer around the 4th of July weekend. This had not happened in my lifetime, so I made sure we had photographic evidence. Using smilebox was very easy, once I got the hang of it. Putting the photos into the scrapbook was very easy. The only problem I had was figuring out how to change the layout of the page to make the pictures flow. I really enjoyed using smilebox, and I cannot wait to show my family the little scrapbook I have made. I am sure they will enjoy it too. Happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment