Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beyond Module 2

Which customizable homepage looks to be the best option for librarians?  Explain what you think you could do with a customizable home page.

I like many things more about Netvibes than I do about iGoogle. I like how easy it is to get rid of a widget, so that you can put up something else you like. I also don't like the fact that igoogle has so many ads that it is hard to tell which widget you have chosen, especially for the Google Chrome ad. I had the widget "Breath Taking Photos of the Day," and the ad was bigger than the picture in the widget. That is ridiculous. One problem I have with Netvibes, though, is that it is harder to choose the widgets than with igoogle, but I do like how you can narrow down the widgets more easily with netvibes. I also like the fact that you can build a netvibes page just for the library. That seems like a great idea. I am also going to have to make netvibes my main page for the internet on my personal computer. I like that you can link to a Flickr account and a Facebook page. That would be great with our library, because we have a Facebook page. That way, the patrons could link right to the Facebook page to see what is going on with the programs at our library. I also like that patrons could have everthing from the news to scenic pictures to pictures of cats and dogs smiling, all attached to the library page, so they can keep up with library news at the same time. It seems like a great tool for our patrons to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment