Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Method 7

 Can you see the potential of this tool for use by libraries/librarians? Or do you think it is just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere?

I do think that delicious has merit as a tool for libraries. A library can have bookmarks for websites on finding jobs or creating or updating a resume. Librarians can also make bookmarks for parents on websites that have educational games or websites that can help their children with projects or homework. There can also be bookmarks to places like goodreads or librarything where patrons can see what other patrons are saying about books.

I also enjoyed learning about delicious during this method. I found some great blogs about storytimes that I am definitely going to check out. My favorties are also getting numerous, so delicious is going to be a great help with keeping up with the things I use for my programs and bibliographies. This also help me personally, because IE 9 does not let you have the links at the top of the page, and on my personal computer, I rely heavily on those links. Delicious is going to save me some frustration. It will also be great that I can access those links from other computers, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment