Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Method 6

What did you like or dislike about the site and why did you choose the video that you did? Can you see any features or components of the site that might be interesting if they were applied to library websites?



I really enjoyed YouTube. It is easy to use, and there are some cool videos of librarians doing silly things to make their libraries memorable. (I loved Round Rock's song). The video that I chose was "Librarians Do Gaga." I have enjoyed this video since it was emailed to me on a link. It is a catchy song..."You can use my catalog...," and so the video, and the ideas within in it, stay with you. I love the idea of introducing the library and librarians through a YouTube video. There could also be videos made of important information, such as how to get a library card or how to get to the library, that someone could use before they even enter our doors. YouTube videos would also be a great way to gain interest in new programs or items that the library has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment